COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICER
Summary of Position:
- As a key member of the Community Relations team at SkyPower, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of managing community engagement /external affairs with multiple stakeholder groups having differing interests and coordination required in solar PV construction.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining transparent, proactive and effective contact and engagement with interested stakeholders (including community members, officials/leaders and civic groups)
- Receiving and responding to questions and comments on behalf of SkyPower, in line with a formal Stakeholder Engagement Plan and/or with respect to local traditions
- Organizing and facilitating regular meetings with interested individuals and groups to maintain community awareness about the activities in the development of the project and future operations
- Producing regular written communication to maintain community awareness about the activities in the development of the project and future operations
- Recording the results of engagement activities; keeping meeting minutes and records of interactions and reporting to SkyPower management on a regular basis
- Attending public forums to which SkyPower is invited or in which SkyPower may have an interest to learn and represent the company’s interests relative to public issues
- Ensuring compliance with local and international legislative requirements for work being performed by SkyPower and informing about all issues
- Travelling intermittently throughout key regions, as required
- Assisting in the design and implementation of community-focused emergency response procedures, communication plans, and drills, to help ensure that facility and community are well prepared to respond in case of crisis or emergency
- Implementing and coordinating a formal Grievance Mechanism
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in Russian and Uzbek. Good proficiency is required in English language.
- Strong familiarity with the customs, livelihoods and daily concerns of people in the project area
- Demonstrated record of success in managing community engagement /external affairs with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to learn and apply international standards for community engagement
- Aptitude and experience in applying conflict resolution techniques and approaches
- Proven ability to follow standard procedures while coping with variable work requirements and challenges
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Registration is open until August 22, 2018. Please ensure you are registered by this date to be considered.
- Step-1: Register by visiting www.skypoweruzbek.com
- Step-2: Attach your resume in English while registering for the role. Candidates are kindly requested to provide current & expected net salary in the resume
If your resume is not in English, use this link (https://translate.google.com/) to translate your resume to English language. Please note that globally, SkyPower uses English language for communication. Therefore, candidates are kindly requested to submit their resumes in English to be considered.
We thank all the applicants for their registration, however only those, most qualified for this opportunity will be contacted for the next stage of recruitment process.
SkyPower is the largest and one of the most successful developers and owners of utility-scale solar energy projects in the world. With roots dating back more than 15 years, SkyPower has built, assembled and acquired an extensive pipeline of over 25 GW globally. Operating out of 35 locations, SkyPower works with international leaders, world-leading financial institutions as well as indigenous peoples and communities to ensure a brighter future for generations to come.
SkyPower is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants. The diversity of the people of SkyPower is one of its greatest strengths. SkyPower prides itself on diversity, inclusion and fairness. SkyPower is dedicated to creating and fostering a diverse workplace that values the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. To SkyPower, diversity refers to all characteristics that make individuals different from each other. It is the policy of SkyPower that all of its activities should be conducted in accordance with the highest standards of equity, dignity and integrity and in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. We take the widest possible view of inclusion and diversity, going beyond factors such as national origin, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, having a disability or expression to create an environment that welcomes all forms of differences. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and high-energy work environment. By embracing an inclusive culture that supports diverse talent, our people collaborate successfully enabling SkyPower to effectively compete in the global marketplace and stand apart from our competitors.